Sunday, September 11, 2016

Extravert(50%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Feeling(47%)  Judging(6%)

The explanation for the personality type, ENFJ, seems to fit me very well. Most of what is said I agree with, particularly the quote for 16personalities.com, "The interest ENFJs have in others is genuine, almost to a fault – when they believe in someone, they can become too involved in the other person's problems, place too much trust in them." I did not, however, agree with the quote, "but if they get too caught up in another person's plight, they can develop a sort of emotional hypochondria, seeing other people's problems in themselves, trying to fix something in themselves that isn't wrong." This description doesn't ring quite true for me, in the way that I do not tend to adopt other peoples emotional issues, for the mere reason that I am exposed to them. Most of the time, I remain the way I have been prior to the connection with someone struggling with emotional problems.

There were a lot of positive affirmations, but my favorite one came from the "Strengths" section, and stated, "More than seeking authority themselves, ENFJs often end up in leadership roles at the request of others, cheered on by the many admirers of their strong personality and positive vision."

1 comment:

  1. One of my best friends is also an ENFJ! I myself am an INFP, so it's interesting to see another NF type who shares a positive outlook as one of their traits. (P.S. I love your background!)

    ReplyDelete